Are you connected to your inner self? Connect to disconnect.
Updated: May 19, 2020
Are you connected within yourself? Yes – How? / No – WHY not?
Maybe it is time to Connect to disconnect. What does it mean? It means connect within yourself and disconnect with thoughts like worry, self-doubt, negativity, frustration, confusion, bitterness and even stress.
Are you overwhelmed with things going on in your life now, especially with COVID-19? Are you looking after everything and everyone and always putting yourself last? Do you not do anything for yourself? Are you neglecting yourself in favour of others? Are you unhappy from the inside out with no idea of where to start to make changes? Sometimes we need a wakeup call to make the impossible possible, because everything lies within us already.
Here is a little story about a friend of mine...
A remarkably close friend of mine did everything for everyone in her family, while completely losing the connection with her inner self. She just existed and walked around like a zombie. She was moody, exhausted, stressed out about even tiny little things and it was the start of major health problems for her.
Finally, she went to the doctor only to be informed that she had breast cancer. It was the shock of her life; a wakeup call; the reality check for her to finally make some changes. She did not think it was important to connect with her inner self, to have the resilience to confront all the challenges that were coming her way. She realised it was time for a change.
She used the following tips to re-connect with her inner self that changed her life and gave her the strength and power to survive breast cancer. She took control over her thoughts again.
I am not a psychologist or counsellor, but little changes can make a huge difference.
“To succeed in life, succeed at being yourself.” - Napoleon Hill
Some Tips to find the connection to your inner self:
1. Your life becomes a masterpiece when you learn to master peace.
2. Learn to be comfortable in your own skin, while knowing and accepting who you are. Be unstoppable
3. Start your day by checking in with your inner self. Take a few deep breaths as you awaken, acknowledge how grateful you are for a new day and then get ready to rise and shine.
4. Start with positive affirmations first thing in the morning. Practise yoga or meditation on a regular basis.
5. Ask yourself questions about your happiness, life in general, your future, goals, fulfilment and priorities.
6. Have some ME time, listen to yourself. Start writing a journal, express yourself through written words to connect with yourself. Get into your own zone, let your thoughts start writing—how you felt at the certain moment, your strengths, weaknesses, dreams, goals and so on, explain how you see your happy life.
7. Start re-writing your own story. Discover the inner scrips that are holding you back from living the life you deserve and always wanted.
8. When you are aligned with who you really are, you will know it because you will feel empowered and unstoppable. You are ready to rock’n roll.
9. Take wise steps to make the necessary changes. Even baby steps keep you moving forward.
10. Disconnect from everything that does not light a fire in your soul. Set down your phone, shut off your computer, tuck away your planner and reconnect with nature and yourself.
11. Meditation calms you down, gives you control of your thinking and body, you spend quality time with your consciousness, thought and mind. Our thoughts and feelings become reality in this certain moment.
12. Discovering your true self as priority, do what it is right for you, stop following and listening to the masses.
13. Connect with our body, start listening to your incoming and outgoing breaths, it helps you to pay attention to the sensation felt inside. You will realise that your feelings are coming from thought or what you are thinking in the moment.
14. Inner peace is the space where it does not matter what is happening around you because you have control over what is happening within you.
15. A beautiful day begins with a beautiful mindset. When you wake up, take a second to think about what a privilege it is to simply be alive and healthy. The moment you realise that the way you are feeling is a reflection of our thinking life will be a blessing.
Finding the following answers can make a huge difference in your life. - What will happen if you do not connect with your inner self? - What will happen if you DO connect with your inner self? - Can you imagine living the life you deserve?
Are you ready to connect with your inner self? Remember to connect to disconnect.
“I’m here for a reason. I’m here to make a difference.” Sending you lots of hugs, positivity and sunshine. I look forward to supporting you through difficult times to bring the best out in you and to help you to create your “new” reality. Bye for now 😊